Sunday, September 23, 2012

Emma Explores Tarrytown: Silver Tips Tea Room and More

Last week, I ventured out of my pocket of the county on a beautiful morning and made my way to Tarrytown.    Decided to try some new places.   A very cute Main Street with a variety of ethnic eateries and some nice shops.  Vintage jewelry stores, art galleries, a toy store, a sweet shoppe and of course, my very own favorite theater, the Tarrytown Music Hall.

Since it was early in the day, and I love tea, I decided to try the Silver Tips Tea Room.   A friend and I decided to order together.    We each had a 2-cup teapot of tea and we split 2 sandwiches (chicken and tuna), a blueberry scone and 2 desserts, (chocolate mousse and a pear tart.)

I do not rave about restaurants often because I am not the best person to give opinions on food.   I don't eat enough of the things on a menu to judge whether a place is good or not.   But I can say that everything I tasted was amazing.   The scone was served warm with a side of jam and creme.  The sandwiches were tasty and the desserts were the BEST.   I love chocolate desserts but this chocolate mousse reminded me of the best mousse ever;  the mousse served at the Castle in Tarrytown.  Might have been better actually.   Pics below.  

Silver Tips Tea Room













=



Shopping inside the shop.  Cute tea accessories such as teapots, creamers, loose tea and tea accessories.


=




Loose tea.  So many flavors.  Hundreds.  The green tea canisters line the walls.  







After a delicious tea, my friend and I walked down the street and shopped for a bit.  Everything from furniture to jewelry to toys to candy.    A few pics.    



Home Furnishings.


Loved this mirror (above) and 
this table and chairs (below)  




Waste paper basket struck me funny.  


A store called Shay Lula.   Beautiful things. 








Mural inside the sweet shop.   





My day in Tarrytown felt like a mini vacation.    I have to spend a day in another place in Westchester every once in a while.     Came home with some nice items that will remind me of my afternoon "away."






1 comment:

  1. I love Silver Tips! It's almost like a hidden little gem. :)

    ReplyDelete